Monday, July 24, 2006

Scream if you want to go faster

July's been a roller-coaster ride of a blogging experience. After registering with Best Gay Blogs, this lil ol' site appeared in their 'Newbies of the week' column at the start of the month. Stopping only to install a Stat Counter, I huddled over the laptop watching my hits climb to the giddy (for me) heights of 150 'unique users' a day. The country stats became a bit of an obsession - Look! Three readers from Japan! Two from Norway! One from Uruguay! The next week, it was Steven's turn to be listed (complete with glamorous photo) as a Newbie, described as 'Simply a must-read'. Some really lovely comments and emails followed, which was, well, really lovely. Other bloggers started linking to us, and I even stumbled across a post about one of my posts entitled 'Dan's the man'. One reader has now gone on to start his own blog - I look forward to reading more about his coming-out experiences.

As the days rolled by and we slipped further and further down the BGB front page, the hits dropped back down to a more modest level. Now that we're off the front page completely, the parade has packed up and moved on, thoughtfully taking their litter with them. But to all of you who've decided to stick around - thanks, it's good to have you here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robguy said...

Yah, when they listed me under Just Found, I wasn't sure what to expect and was glad to see the extra traffic. I still get a little traffic from them, and I like to check out the new sites they list - especially the ones from Australia.

1:34 pm GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the link and the shoutout. You do a great blog :-)
Dan xx

4:51 pm GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still with you guys...unfortunately I can'nt link you to my blogg ..unless you read norwegian or swedish =)

Ravn blows a kiss...=)

10:24 pm GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home