Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Great Kylie Dilemma

As well as being an avid devotee of horror movies, the multi-faceted Steven is also a big Kylie Minogue fan. Kylie is about to complete the previously cancelled Australian leg of her Showgirls tour, finishing in her home-town of Melbourne. Having seen a couple of her concert DVDs (it's part of my re-education programme), I can confirm that she does put on a good show - and this one should be extra-special. Ticketek will be releasing a limited number of tickets next week, but as people who had tickets for the old gigs are guaranteed entry to the new ones, there won't be many available. So when a Ticketek envelope with the code KYLIEM06 on it arrived in our mailbox addressed to a previous tenant, it seemed likely that there were some re-issued tickets inside. And thus Steven was faced with The Great Kylie Dilemma. A short interval of brow-furrowing followed, but I don't think there was ever really any doubt about the outcome - he decided to Do The Right Thing and Return To Sender. I don't know if I would have acted so honestly if some potential Radiohead tickets had landed in my lap, but I was fairly sure all along what Steven would decide. It turns out that they're not actually re-issuing the tickets and it was just a postcard in the envelope, but I love the fact that Steven wasn't going to risk the possibility of someone else losing out. That's just the way he is. I'm sure Kylie would approve.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - just found your blog from your comment on the f-a-f. i was more than a little surprised to find another 30 something, london-guy-living-in-melbourne, radiohead fan, who drinks at dt's. i thought i was unique! damn you dan (but have fun in sydney).

m

1:27 pm GMT+10  
Blogger Dan in Melbourne said...

Damn you too, Marcus (but thanks).
I wish I was special...

4:30 pm GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home