Tuesday, July 04, 2006

And the award for Best Gay Conspiracy Theory goes to...

So I finally saw Crash. I liked it a lot. When it beat Brokeback Mountain to Best Film at the Oscars, there was a lot of talk in both gay and not-so-gay media that it was all down to some sort of anti-homo conspiracy. I was on a "three gay men in a Hyundai" road-trip up the east coast at the time, and I rather think I might have got a little indignant myself that "our" film hadn't won. If so, I (rather sheepishly) take it all back. Both fine films. Both worthy of accolades.

1 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I agree, but Crash was a tad bit better. You should check out "11:14". I watched it last night - if you liked Crash, you would like this movie as well.

1:24 am GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home