Saturday, July 01, 2006

Meeting the parent

So my Dad and his wife got into town last night. They've come halfway round the world for some conference (all arranged long before I ended up here). Steven's bravely agreed to come out to dinner with them tonight. It'll be the first time my Dad's met a partner of mine since I came out to him by bringing my first boyfriend home for Christmas. (In retrospect that might not have been the best way to do it.) Things should be a little easier this time, as he's had twelve years since then to get used to the idea. Tonight may well be a little nerve-wracking for all of us, but I think that once we get past that, it should be good.

3 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Came across your blog...very interesting. I hope the meeting with Dad went well.

11:32 pm GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the meeting went well. 12 years should be enough time to adjust.

12:03 pm GMT+10  
Blogger Dan in Melbourne said...

Thanks, guys. It did go well!

9:44 pm GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home