Friday, June 23, 2006

Birthday boy

It was my godson Jake's eleventh birthday this week. So last weekend we had a video iChat for him to open the rather uninspiring presents I'd sent, which he received a lot more enthusiastically than I would have at his age. It was good to see him.

It looks extremely unlikely that I'll end up with kids of my own, so it's been great to be able to hang out with Jake over the years, just kicking a football round a park or whatever. However messed up or confusing my life appeared to be, these were moments when everything seemed clear. I'd like to think that I might have contributed in some tiny way to Jake growing into such a great human being, but what's more definite is that he's helped turn me into a better person.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dan, jake loved his pressies. and you are the top dog when it comes to surprises, footie, and all round coolness (even for an adult). he really misses you. non the less it was great to see you.

we went camping the following weekend and i tried to text you (forgetting that i don't know your new number) as we drove up the final hill on the way to the campsite. it was a beautiful sunny evening and the countryside was so beautiful. it reminded me of us driving back following an ice cream run listening to the sugarbabes (?) last year.

C

7:49 pm GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home