Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Rain

It rained today, splashing loudly in the grey alleyway. I’m leaving on Sunday. I don’t know what happens next in the book I’m trying to write. I won’t be with my guy for seven weeks. I haven’t booked hotels for my stopovers and the ones I want are full. I won’t feel the warmth of his cheek against mine. I’m still tired from the weekend. I won’t hear him laugh at stupid things. My travel insurance has run out. He won’t fall asleep on my shoulder halfway through a DVD. I need to go out to Coburg to pick up my passport. I won’t see his shining eyes. I haven’t got any work confirmed for when I’m home. We’ll be together tonight, though.

It rained today. But the rain passed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww
It'll work out man. If for no other reason that sheer determination. But I know its more than that.

Dx

5:35 pm GMT+10  
Blogger RRP said...

how poignantly sweet.

wish you safe travels and a speedy return.

6:55 pm GMT+10  
Blogger Cade said...

Beautiful... the rain and the sentiment.

9:23 am GMT+10  
Blogger Evol Kween said...

:( Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend.

9:11 am GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home