Thursday, August 10, 2006

Miffed

I was a bit of a slow starter at the Melbourne International Film Festival, but I've now reached a steady pace of a movie a day (actually quite restrained in the scheme of things). At events like this, you gotta kiss a few frogs to, er, find the mixed metaphor pearls. I particularly enjoyed:

Bubble (for its stunning simplicity)





Mutual Appreciation (for its almost-too-painful-to-watch humour)





and A Little Trip to Heaven (for Forest Whitaker).





But if you're in Melbourne and fancy giving MIFF a whirl, there's not much point in me telling you about the stuff that's already been on. Luckily there is a film coming up which I have actually seen (as it was out in the UK a good year ago) - and I can confirm that if you're looking for a scary 'Chicks in Caves' movie (and who isn't?)

The Descent (7pm, Friday) is the one to go for.

2 Comments:

Blogger RRP said...

i've seen descent - awful film! loved it though. :)

10:21 am GMT+10  
Blogger richardwatts said...

I lurved The Descent - but I'm a sucker for a good horror film.

1:15 pm GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home