Friday, December 01, 2006

The trip of a lifetime

So it's almost the end of 2006. And what a year I've had. It was always going to be a bit special, what with it being the year of my once-in-a-lifetime round-the-world trip. (A five-hyphen trip, no less.) It was going to be full of adventure.

It didn't disappoint.

The adventures, as it turned out, weren't all quite the kind I expected. Sure, I got lost on the LA freeways, hiked up a New Zealand mountain and danced in a Bollywood movie.

But I had other adventures too, things that I never thought could possibly be adventures, things that involved eating in restaurants, watching DVDs and buying shoes.

In short, I did the one thing I hadn't planned on doing this year. I fell in love.

Soon, 2006 will pack up its wheelie-case and head off to the departure lounge. Shortly after that, I'll return to London, to my apartment, to work. But I'll take with me a very special souvenir. A guy by the name of Steven.

The trip will be over. But the journey will just be beginning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Single Guy said...

wow..very exciting. Best of luck moving back to London

3:49 pm GMT+11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds all good. Enjoy.

1:48 pm GMT+11  
Blogger RRP said...

don't be strangers now, y'hear?

1:45 pm GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home